What is prayer : Prayer is all about relationship with God.
It is about communicating with the uncreated God (mind blowing really)
2 way conversation. Listening and Talking.
It works. It strengthens our connection with God and transforms us and changes circumstances! We can see this from the Bible and from experience.
– Routine can help
– 7:30am Tuesday is our weekly prayer meeting
– Seek Him, listen and then pray
– Pray bold, front footed prayers
– Pray through the Lord’s prayer
– Pray through the scriptures and make them personal
(you can start with these – Psalms, Ephesians 1:15-22, Ephesians 3:14-21, Ephesians 6:10-20, Philippians 1:3-6, Philippians 1:9-11)
Scripture References to check out (some were mentioned)
2 Chronicles 7:14
The whole book of Acts 🙂
Matthew 6:9-13 (the Lord’s prayer)
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Bill Johnson on The Prayer Meeting in Acts 4
Things to pray for (just to get you going – remember listen to God and pray into what He reveals)
– The church
– The lost
– For health and safety of friends and family
– For the Kingdom to advance in this place
– For the workers (Matthew 9:37)
– For revival
– For us to become more and more a supernatural, soul winning, disciple making church
Questions for reflection
1. Do you think having a prayer journal would be helpful?
2. Reflect on a time when God has broken into your world in a miraculous way with an answer to prayer
3. Do you have a routine or a special place for prayer?
4. Are your prayers bold and front footed?
5. What are you going to pray for now?